Welcome to Zona Braza Beach Lodge and Resort, the idyllic holiday destination where comfort and affordability meet.
We are conveniently situated 480km from Mbombela, and approximately 800km from Pretoria and Johannesburg. We are only 280 km from Maputo, Mozambique’s capital city. Zona Braza is easily accessible and can be reached with ANY CAR, meaning you DO NOT NEED a 4×4 vehicle.
All our accommodation is self-catering, with the added benefit of being able to enjoy our fully licensed restaurant at any time of day for delicious meals, snacks, or cocktail drinks from our signature range. We have two bars, one attached to our restaurant, and a beach bar situated only a few metres from the beach, so you can order and enjoy a sundowner without ever having to leave the seaside.
The Zona Braza Beach stretches out across the horizon, enclosed by a rocky reef with shallow pools ideal for snorkelling and safe swimming. Those of you who prefer sand-free swimming can spend a lazy afternoon at one of the lodge’s three splash pools, or lounge poolside on one of the comfortable pool loungers.
The best possible way to experience the splendour of Mozambique is to make Zona Braza Beach Lodge your base. Here you have the best of all worlds in that fishing is bountiful, whale watching can be enjoyed from the comfort of your sun lounger and you have all the luxuries of an on-site beach bar, restaurant and outstanding accommodation facilities.
Activities at Zona Braza Beach Lodge
Zona Braza Beach Lodge offers the most ideal family holiday destination on the Mozambique coast with options for all ages. Please bring your own fishing-, snorkeling and kite surfing gear.
- Swim our safe beaches or spend the day in one of our 3 splash pools
- Rock and surf fishing
- Dropshot and fly fishing
- Snorkelling the magnificent coral reefs
- Kite surfing
- Pool or darts in the well-equipped entertainment area
- Bird watching
The lodge is home to over 100 species of birds most notably the African Fish Eagle, African Darter, Little Grebe, Little Egret and Paradise Flycatcher
The town of Xai-Xai is situated only 40 kilometres south of Zona Braza Beach Resort. Xai-Xai offers unique opportunities to explore the local culture, and also offers a variety of activities, such as:
- Wenela tidal pool, 2 kilometres south of the main Xai-Xai Beach, is a tidal pool that has a natural channel leading under the reef and into the ocean. The hole in the reef’s surface creates a “blow hole effect” during spring tide. This pool is considered sacred by the African Pentecostal Church, and many colourful baptisms are held here.
- Markets and roadside stalls selling a wide variety of items such as fresh fruit and veg, seafood, and clothing. One can even have a shirt or dress tailored for you by one of the numerous seamstresses that have workshops in market stalls.
- As a large portion of Mozambicans are Catholic, there is a beautiful Catholic church that can be found opposite Barclay’s in the heart of Xai-Xai.
- Chidenguele, a town 20 kilometres away from Zona Braza, houses some of Mozambique’s cultural gems. There are several beautiful churches in the area, such as the Nossa Senhora de Lourdes, and Cathedral Chidenguele.
- At Xai Xai, you can explore the remains of the Hotel Chongoene, a five-star hotel during the 1960s and 1970s that was abandoned during the wartime years.