Didima Conference Centre
CONFERENCE CENTRE AND WEDDING VENUE
SAY “I DO” IN THE MOST STUNNING “CATHEDRAL” OF ALL CATHEDRAL PEAK OF THE UKHAHLAMBA-DRAKENSBERG.
Didima has its very own unique twin thatched wedding chapel and adjoining reception venue. The chapel is magnificent…with its entire back of glass-framing the magnificent splendor of Cathedral Peak! An amazing backdrop in which to exchange vows and capture the moments on camera. The resort boasts of a fantastic honeymoon suite with crisp white linen, picture windows boasting views of the mountains and romantic fireplaces in both the bedroom and comfy lounge. The bathroom boasts a Jacuzzi bath and a shower for two.
“We will do everything we can to ensure that your wedding is an occasion well beyond your greatest expectations.”
Didima Conference Centre has two auditoriums, one which can be used as a wedding venue. Both are equipped with the following state of the art equipment:
Multi-media projector with XGA Resolution (1024 x 768) DVD Player and Video Cassette recorder wireless microphones; Touch Screen Control Panel (Wireless) Overhead Projector; Multi-computer Input Selector; Internet Access; High Quality Audio System
“Didima Conference: A place of Business and Tranquility”
- Located in the Cathedral Peak valley of the u Khahlamba Drankensberg Park, a World Heritage Site, Didimais a 5-hour driver on the N3 form Johannesburg and 4 hours from Durban.
- Didima Resort is set in a Stunning mountain paradise bathed in scenic beauty with rivers, streans, waterfalls, grasslands and craggy cliffs.
- The Resort’s accommodation is uniquely style, symbolic of the dwellings of the San people who once lived in these mountains.
- Didima celebrates the now lost culture of the San people and captures something of their oneness with their environment. Their art has been accurately reproduced and can be viewed at the San Rock Centre as well as in small shelters found throughout the Park.
- The Cathedral Peak areais a hikers delight, offering routesranging from a few hours on the mountain paths to several days of camping and adventure.
HOW TO GET THERE
- From the south: Pass Estcourt on the right of the N3, take the Winterton/Colenso off-ramp; head for Winterton (22 km); in Winterton, opposite the Engen petrol station, turn left over the railway line; follow the Cathedral Peak/Didima signs.
- From north: Follow the road signs to Bergville; pass Bergville; turn right, 1 km beyond Bergville and follow the Cathedral Peak/Didima signs.
- 29d13’54.17″E 28d56’35.68″S
WHAT TO DO ON ARRIVAL
- An entrance fee is payable at the control gate.
- All overnight visitors must check in at the reception office on arrival.
- Office hours are from 07:00 – 19:00 daily.
- Check in time is 14:00 on the day of arrival and check out is 10:00 on the day of departure.
- A refundable key deposit of R50 is payable on arrival.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in the reserve.
- Entrance gate is open 24 hours a day.
- Basic foods and provisions are available at the curio shop (open 08:00-19:00 daily) and Winterton village approximately 45 km away.
- Self-catering units do not have ovens.
- Petrol may be purchased at the Cathedral Peak Hotel, which is situated 4 km up the road from the control gate.
Mikes Pass Drive is closed for the public only NCS vehicle are perimitted to take guests at a rate of
- R 60 PP minimum charge for 4 persons
Trip times are:
- 09 am
- 12 pm
- 16 pm
ACCOMMODATION – CHALETS
- Didima Resort features 63 two-bed chalets, 2 four bed, luxury honeymoon suite and 1 six bed bungalow.
- Each of the two bed chalets are connected by an inter-leading doorway allowing the two chalets to be converted into a four bed family unit with self catering facility.
- In addition Didima features two four-bed chalets with two bedrooms each en-suite, a lounge/dining area and one six-bed chalet with three bedrooms, a lounge/dining area and a kitchen.
CATHEDRAL PEAK COMMUNITY CAMPSITE
- The Cathedral Peak Community Campsite offers 30 camping and caravan sites with electricity that can accommodate a maximum of 6 people.
- Campers are to pay the fees at the reception.
- The communal ablution facilities have toilets, hot showers, baths and a communal kitchen.
- Braai stands are available; with firewood and charcoal for sale at the Curio Shop
ACCOMMODATION – CAVES
- There are 12 caves that sleep a maximum of 4-12 people per cave that visitors may overnight.
- It is essential to book these in advanced.
- Bookings can be made with Reception
- Didima Resort’s restaurant and bar provides guests with the option of fully catered meals in its warm and relaxed atmosphere.
Should you have any special requests or queries please do not hesitate to contact:
- The Conference and Functions Manager
- Didima Camp
- (036- 488 8000)